Barrington Hall dates back to the late 17th century when Richard Stacey, a brick contractor to William III built a two storey house for his son-in-law Thomas Bendyshe. The earliest building on the site however was a manor house, mentioned in 'Doomsday'. In 1827 John Bendyshe, who married Lord Nelson's niece, considerably altered the Hall by adding a two storey extension to the South Elevation. Another major uplift of the Hall was covered by Country Life magazine in 1925 and a copy of the original article is on display in the Hall.
The Bendyshe family were one of the oldest families in the County, having lived in Barrington from 1325 to 1937 when John Nelson Bendyshe sold 930 acres of their 2,250 acre holding to Sir Charles Davis of Stone Castle, Kent. This sale included Barrington Hall and Barrington Hall Lodge.
On the death of Sir Davis in 1950 the properties passed to Sir Gilbert and Bernard Davis. Sir Gilbert was a Director of the nearby Eastwood's Cement company and it transpired that the Hall was used as residence thereafter for various staff members.
Since that time the Hall was largely in commercial use for various local businesses. The last tenant was a software company who operated from the Hall for nearly 20 years. They carried out major renovation works in 1979 to maintain the building fabric and to improve the working conditions of their employees. This included complete re-roofing, the conversion of one of the scullery wings into lavatory facilities and the demolition of the remaining wing due to its poor condition.
The present owners took possession of the Hall following their vacation and have spent some time restoring it to its former glory. All traces of its use as office premises have been removed and the original features sympathetically restored. Similar work has been carried out in the grounds which over the years were neglected. Today the gardens, surrounding paddocks and woodland, all beautifully tended are overlooked by two splendid 200 year old tall Cedar of Lebanon trees.